Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pablo Stays Home

Instead of trying his luck in Italian soccer, something he has been exploring for some time, Colorado Rapids captain Pablo Mastroeni has decided to stay on in Denver. He had been previously linked to Serie A side Cagliari plus a handful of Serie B teams before deciding to stay with his current club. His decision seems in part to do with the signing of interim coach Gary Smith to a three year deal.

Mastroeni told newspaper reporters: "I can honestly say it wasn't a hard decision for me," after confirming he signed a four-year deal. "The last few months of the season, with Gary at the helm, I think completely changed my mind about where I wanted to be (and) where my heart was."

So, instead of adding a fifth American player to Italian soccer, it looks we'll stick with four this season.

Photo courtsey of MLSNET

No comments: